July 18th, 2010 - Stash Report Week #29

Listen up, surprising news! I actually sewed something this week. Wonders never cease. I put together the X block  main blocks and added 2 borders. Not that much fabric used as the outside border was parts from the main blocks. It’s ready to be quilted. Then last night I sewed the binding on a string quilt but have yet to do the hand sewing part. That will be one of this week’s jobs. I also cut out a new quilt for my great-niece. I went to her 2nd birthday party and it had a lady bug theme and I thought why not make her a lady bug quilt. So when I got home from the party I started cutting it out but haven’t managed to get any of it sewn together. I’ll be working on that this week too. Now if I could only stay out of the fabric stores I’d be making some progress on busting this stash. I bought a few yards of batiks for a project my sister and I want to do together. Too bad that she has my book where all the fabric requirements are listed. I think we finally have enough different batiks to  get the variety needed to do this quilt. All I need is the background fabric and I’m all set to go. And now for some stash news.

Fabric added this week: 6.5 yds

Fabric added YTD: 106.18 yds

Fabric used this week: 3.75 yds

Fabric used YTD: 118.38 yds

Net fabric busted: 12.2 yds

 Well I’m off. I hope everyone has a great week.


2 Responses to “Stash Report Week #29”

  1. Allie Says:

    I’m so glad you got to sew something, Mary-Kay! My turn, lol. Your ladybug and batik quilts sound very intriguing!

  2. Vicki H. Says:

    Summer is hard to sew for some. I am not a big outside person and summer is slow around here so I tend to get stuff done but that’s me. Many of my friends are winter sewers only! Glad to hear to had sewing time and cutting time.

Leave a Reply